This is my stop during the blog tour for Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 7 till 20 September. You can see the tour schedule here. Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches #1) by Ani Gonzalez Genre: Paranormal Cozy Mystery Age category: Adult Release Date: 7 September, 2016
Blurb: Jewelry designer Kat Ramos has come to Banshee Creek to break the famous Hagen House curse and, in order to do that, she must marry Liam Hagen. A vengeful ghost with a deadly history isn’t part of the deal, and neither is love. Will Kat be able to handle both? Or will the mystery of the cursed Hagen House remain unsolved?
You can find Here Comes The Witch on Goodreads You can buy Here Comes the Witch here: – Amazon – Amazon UK Top Ten List & Review Hi, my name is Ani Gonzalez. I write paranormal romantic comedy and cozy mystery and Babs has kindly agreed to host the book tour for Here Comes the Witch, the first book in my Main Street Witches cozy mystery (with lots of romance) series Main Street Witches is a spin off of my haunted town romantic comedy series, Banshee Creek. Three witches head to America’s Most Haunted Town to open up businesses, and find romance and mystery along the way. The series was inspired by my love of all things witchy (just like Banshee Creek arose out of my enthusiasm for all things haunted). Food is very important in my books. Banshee Creek has a fantastic (haunted!) bakery which serves stuff like vampire churros, and a pizzeria with a horror movie theme (their signature dish is the Bela Lugosi Lasagna). I love food. I’m not a very good home cook, but I try my best. Here are my favorite kitchen implements.
- Computer/Google – This is my #1 favorite kitchen implement. It’s how I find new recipes and products and figure out how to substitute for egg whites when I’m missing an ingredient. Without Google I wouldn’t be able to cook. I also wouldn’t be able to find wonderful spooky recipes for my books!
- Immersion blender – Invaluable for making soups and whipped cream, and not as bulky as a full-sized version.
- Mortar and Pestle –I use this to mash garlic and mix sauces. Also, it makes me feel like a real cook (which I’m not).
- Santoku knife – It makes me feel like Rachel Ray.
- Spaghetti spoon – Because this is all that my kids eat.
- Avocado knife – Yes, I have a special avocado knife. My daughter makes guacamole at least once a week and it’s small enough that she can cut the avocados without cutting herself. I think this is technically called a paring knife.
- Potato masher – For making the guacamole. It has never touched an actual potato.
- Broil pan set – This came with our oven and it makes the crispiest bacon in the world. It’s amazing.
- Tongs – I think these are supposed to be for grilling, but I used then all the time to turn over meats and vegetables. So much easier than using a spatula or a fork.
- Silicone and suede pot holders – I love these. They are fabulous heat insulators. I’m a clumsy cook and these keep me from getting burned all the time.
Review: WOW this is the first book I have read by this author and I was blown away. I loved the Gothic side of the story old house, old fashioned curses I mean we have it all. This is a spin off of the Banshee Series. You will meet some old characters and new. The story starts off a tad slow but picks up and you find yourself turning the pages in a blur it is that good.
About the Author: I write paranormal romantic comedy and cozy mystery (whew, that’s a mouthful!) set in Banshee Creek, Virginia, The Most Haunted Town in the USA. My books feature feisty funny heroines dealing with a host of paranormal critters (ghosts, cryptids, pagan gods…the sky’s the limit) and mysteries. They find magic, love and laughter and readers get to follow them every step of the way. I love quirky towns with spooky stories, and, thanks to my books, I get to “live” in one year-around. In real life I live in a Minneapolis suburb (which is sadly lacking in ghosts) with my husband and three children and I’m still trying to adjust to the cold. You can find and contact Ani here: – Website – Facebook – Twitter – Goodreads – Amazon – Newsletter Giveaway There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of Here Comes the Witch. These are the prizes you can win: – Custom Jewelry (US Only) – a 25$ amazon gift card (International) For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter below: a Rafflecopter giveaway