Six Feet Under (A Kenni Lowry Mystery)
by Tonya Kappes
About the Book
Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth. And let me tell you, this broth is in trouble. Get ready for a Southern showdown.
The residents of Cottonwood, Kentucky are sent into a tizzy when the Culinary Channel comes to town to film an episode of Southern Home Cookin’ with celebrity chef Frank Von Lee.
Especially Sheriff Kenni Lowry.
Her mama’s award-winning chicken pot pie is what brought Frank to town, and they don’t make hair in the South bigger than her mama’s ego after the news.
When Frank Von Lee is found dead from food poisoning and the most likely culprit is Mama’s chicken pot pie, Kenni’s poppa, the former sheriff, comes back from the Great Beyond to assist in the investigation.
But nothing’s prepared Kenni for such a personal tie to a case, and she finds herself pushing the limits of the laws she’s sworn to protect.
This book’s so delicious it’ll make your mouth water and leave you hankerin’ for more.
by Tonya Kappes
The south + funeral = social gathering
I’m from central Kentucky. I grew up:
· Listening to and learning superstitions
· Going to the Baptist church on Sunday and then going to my Granny’s for supper with all thirty-two relatives. EVERY Sunday.
· Going to the Baptist church on Wednesday for spaghetti supper. ( I still can’t make spaghetti for my family.)
· Pulling the car over and stop to let the ambulance pass
· Pulling the car over and stop to let the funeral procession go by
· Showing up on doorsteps without calling first
· Walking in people’s homes without knocking
· Spending many hours in the rocking chair on the front porch
· Waving at everyone who drove by
· Asking about your momma when I saw you
· Stopping to help everyone in need even if I didn’t know you, I bet you knew someone kin to you
· Driving up and down Main Street as a form of entertainment
· Four wheelin’ was our form of endless entertainment
· We don’t schedule weddings during basketball or horse racing
· Cowboy boots are our high-heels
· Going to the Hardees on Friday night to watch cloggers is a good time!
· I still love jug fishin’
· I still put up seven Christmas trees
· I still change my home decorations to go with the seasons
· I still can Bless Your Heart all day long *wink*
But funerals are social gatherings for us Sothern’s. No matter if there is ill will between anyone in the families, as soon as someone dies we go to cooking. The last thing a family needs to do is worry about cooking.
You’ll find all of these special things and more in the Kenni Lowry
About the Author
For years, USA Today bestselling author Tonya Kappes has been publishing numerous mystery and romance titles with unprecedented success. She is famous not only for her hilarious plot lines and quirky characters but her tremendous marketing efforts that have earned her thousands of followers and a devoted street team of fans.
Sign up for her newsletter on her website at Tonyakappes.com .
Facebook at Author Tonya Kappes,
Kappes Krew Street Team
March 6 – Teresa Trent Author Blog – REVIEW, CHARACTER INTERVIEW
March 6 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
March 7 – Lisa Ks Book Reviews – CHARACTER GUEST POST, GIVEAWAY
March 7 – Queen of All She Reads – GUEST POST, GIVEAWAY
March 8 – Babs Book Bistro – GUEST POST, GIVEAWAY
March 8 – Dee-Scoveries – SPOTLIGHT
March 9 – Ruff Drafts – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
March 9 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST, GIVEAWAY
March 10 – Christa Reads and Writes – CHARACTER GUEST POST
March 10 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT, GIVEAWAY
March 11 – Varietats – REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
March 12 – Texas Book-aholic – REVIEW
March 12 – Back Porchervations – REVIEW
March 13 – FUONLYKNEW – REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
March 13 – Island Confidential – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
March 14 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
March 14 – Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! – REVIEW
March 15 – MJB Reviewers – REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
March 15 – The Montana Bookaholic – SPOTLIGHT
March 16 – Laura’s Interests – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
March 16 – Community Bookstop – REVIEW
March 17 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW, GIVEAWAY
March 18 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW
March 18 – La libreria di Beppe – SPOTLIGHT, GIVEAWAY
March 19 – Reading Is My SuperPower – REVIEW, GUEST POST, GIVEAWAY
March 19 – Back Porchervations – REVIEW