Interview Questions for Cathy Gillen Thacker
- What is your favorite Valentine memory from childhood? I loved getting ready for the school parties in elementary school. Everything from going to the store to pick out my Valentine’s Day card set, to addressing the valentines to all my classmates, sealing the envelopes with little candy hearts inside, then delivering the cards to all the other student mailboxes (usually hand-made by us in art class) and then taking the cards I received home, to open and enjoy. Also, at those parties there were usually cookies or cupcakes supplied by the room mothers for us to enjoy.
- What would Lily do for Gannon to make things more romantic? Set aside some special time, get a babysitter, and enjoy a quiet dinner alone with just the two of them. Then end the evening by making love and sleeping wrapped in each other’s arms.
- What would Gannon do next time for Valentine’s Day to make Lily think WOW? Take her to a swanky downtown Fort Worth hotel, to celebrate and remember the very first time they ever made love, and the beginning of their fabulous life-long romance!
- Who would be your Valentine cowboy if you had to choose? In real life, no question, my husband Charlie. In terms of big screen fantasy cowboy, then I’d have a hard time choosing. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pine, Bradley Cooper, Kevin Costner all spring to mind….
- How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? My husband and I always go out to dinner alone, often not on the actual day. (Makes for quieter restaurants.) Mostly though, and this is important, we celebrate our marriage every day. With kindness, love and consideration….)
Title: Lone Star Valentine
Author: Cathy Gillen Thacker
Format: Mass Market Paperback, eBook
Imprint: Harlequin American Romance
Release date: February 3, 2015
The heart-stopping attraction’s still there, but today Lily needs only one thing from old flame Gannon Montgomery—the best damn legal counsel ever. The stakes are high—custody of Lily’s son, Lucas. And the rules are clear. Lily’s not giving Gannon the chance to break her heart again. They can be friends. That’s all.
Not enough, thinks Gannon. He’s only in town to sell the family ranch, but Mayor Lily McCabe makes sticking around seem pretty attractive. He can see the desire in her eyes every time they’re thrown together. And with the court case and the Texas chili cook-off he’s been dragged into, that’s a lot. As the stress grows, so does the attraction. But Lily won’t compromise, and Gannon can’t let go. Someone’s gotta give!
About Cathy Gillen Thacker
Author bio: The love stories in my family have always been fodder for romance novels. To date, I’ve written and published over one hundred novels. Many are out of print, many are coming back in print via e-readers. (Hurrah!) In each story, I try to provide a few laughs, maybe a few tears, a few problems that seem… at first… unsolvable. As well as a lot of love.
I thank all the readers who have supported me and my work over the years, and I welcome all the new ones with open arms, and much gratitude. Knowing I’ve made someone’s day a little brighter, with one of my books, is the best gift I could ever receive. Visit Cathy on her website CathyGillenThacker.com.
Grand Prize Giveaway
Note: The Grand Prize Giveaway is offered via a shared Rafflecopter. There will be a separate giveaway rafflecopter for each week of the tour. (Week One bloggers get one Rafflecopter, Week Two bloggers get another, Week Three bloggers get the third.) Each giveaway will be open for two weeks. If you’d like to let your readers know that if they visit the tour stops each week, they’ll get additional chances to win that would be great!
Harlequin’s Very Valentine’s Reads prize-pack includes:
- A copy of Julia London’s THE DEVIL TAKES A BRIDE
- A copy of Sarah McCarty’s ACES WILD
- A copy of Sara Arden’s UNFADED GLORY
- A copy of Victoria Dahl’s FLIRTING WITH DISASTER
- A copy of Lynda Aicher’s GAME PLAY
- A copy of Cathy Gillen Thacker’s LONE STAR VALENTINE
- A Copy of Lissa Manley’s HOMETOWN VALENTINE
- A $50 Victoria Secret Gift Card