Picture Not Perfect (The Not So Reluctant Detectives)
by D.E. Haggerty
About the Book
Picture Not Perfect (The Not So Reluctant Detectives)
2nd in Series
Self Published (January 21, 2019)
Print Length: 230 pages
A picture tells a story. But is it the truth?
When the police find pictures of Melanie hanging up at her murdered colleague’s house, they’re convinced he was stalking her. Maybe she even killed him. Melanie was not being stalked! And she certainly didn’t kill her supposed stalker – as if. But Mel – always up for a bit of drama – jumps at the chance to go search for the real killer. When Mel’s ex-boyfriend, Owen, discovers her plans, he pulls out all the stops to ensure she’s safe and to win her back. No matter what happens with the murder investigation, he’s not letting her go. With the police setting their sights on Mel, he may need to jeopardize his own career on the police force to protect her.
Will Mel find the real killer before the detectives arrest her for murder?
10 things on my bucket list
Character Guest Post – Great Escapes Blog Tour
Picture Not Perfect
Hi! *Waves* I’m Mel. Melanie Hanson to be exact. My boss (aka writer D.E. Haggerty) asked me to write a guest post today. I thought I’d write about my bucket list. Everyone has a bucket list nowadays. Mine is huge. I’m always adding stuff to it. I want to do everything! But I’ve narrowed it down to ten things today.
- Jump from an airplane. I can’t believe I haven’t done this already. It’s going to happen, though.
- Learn to windsurf. Lake Michigan is popular for windsurfing. Again, I can’t believe I still haven’t learned.
- Visit Casablanca. Casablanca is one of my favorite movies of all time. “Here’s looking at you kid.” I’m sure the actual city doesn’t resemble the movie set, but I’m still going to visit. And then there’s Fes and Marrakesh. I’ll be dropping by those as well.
- Walk the Inca Trail from Cuzco to Machu Picchu. I saw this on discovery when I was young, and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.
- Go to La Tomatina in Spain. It’s a food fight festival held in August in a tiny town near Valencia in Spain. Again, discovery channel has a lot to answer for. Tons of over-ripe tomatoes being throw in the streets. I can’t think of a more fun way to get dirty, can you?
- Dive at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I don’t know how to dive yet, but that’s on the bucket list somewhere as well. Those colors! I can’t imagine. I need to see them for myself.
- Go to an All Black rugby game in New Zealand so I can see the haka live and in person. It looks so cool. I have to see it in person. I should probably research what ruby’s all about first.
- Go white water rafting in the Grand Canyon. Ever since I saw The River Wild with Meryl Streep, I’ve wanted to go on a white-water rafting expedition. Don’t you love Meryl Streep?
- See the Northern Lights in Finland. Sure, I could see the Northern Lights somewhere closer to home, but then I wouldn’t be able to take a dogsled ride in Lapland. Rumor has it they have reindeer as well!
- Feed giraffes at breakfast at the Giraffe Manor in Nairobi. How cool is it that giraffes are just walking around and stick their heads threw the windows to get a bit of grub to eat? I have to see that!
I could go on and on with all the things I want to do on my bucket list, but I won’t bore you. Being bored is the worst!
About the Author
I grew up reading everything I could get my grubby hands on, from my mom’s Harlequin romances to Nancy Drew, to Little Women. When I wasn’t flipping pages in a library book, I was penning horrendous poems, writing songs no one should ever sing, or drafting stories which have thankfully been destroyed. College and a stint in the U.S. Army came along, robbing me of free time to write and read, although on the odd occasion I did manage to sneak a book into my rucksack between rolled up socks, MRIs, t-shirts, and cold weather gear. After surviving the army experience, I went back to school and got my law degree. I jumped ship and joined the hubby in the Netherlands before the graduation ceremony could even begin. A few years into my legal career, I was exhausted, fed up, and just plain done. I quit my job and sat down to write a manuscript, which I promptly hid in the attic before returning to the law. But practicing law really wasn’t my thing, so I quit (again!) and went off to Germany to start a B&B. Turns out running a B&B wasn’t my thing either. I polished off that manuscript languishing in the attic before following the husband to Istanbul where I decided to give the whole writer-thing a go. But ten years was too many to stay away from my adopted home. I packed up again and moved to The Hague where, in between tennis matches and failing to save the world, I’m currently working on my next book. I hope I’ll always be working on my next book.
Picture Not Perfect is my fourteenth novel.
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/D.E.-Haggerty/e/B00ECQBURU/
Newsletter signup: http://eepurl.com/bbmdj9
Bookbub author page: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/d-e-haggerty
January 21 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW
January 22 – Mythical Books – GUEST POST
January 23 – Babs Book Bistro – CHARACTER GUEST POST
January 24 – A Blue Million Books – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
January 25 – A Wytch’s Book Review Blog – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
January 26 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
January 27 – Mallory Heart’s Cozies – REVIEW
January 28 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – CHARACTER GUEST POST
January 29 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
January 30 – Books Direct – REVIEW, GUEST POST
January 31 – Ruff Drafts – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
February 1 –Christa Reads and Writes – GUEST POST
February 2 – Readeropolis – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
February 3 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
February 3 – Laura`s Interests – SPOTLIGHTa Rafflecopter giveaway