ALWAYS MY BABY
by bestselling and award-winning author
China Edwards is an ambitious environmental attorney who pursues every goal with drive and dedication, and having a baby is no different. No husband? No problem. She’ll find the perfect donor. Then, after one spontaneous and passionate night with bachelor Alexander Kingsley, these two longtime friends are left with an unanticipated benefit that throws China’s future plans into turmoil.
China’s bright, legal mind and friendship are indispensable to Alexander and his multibillion dollar oil firm. However, the possibility of her moving on makes him realize just how deep his feelings actually run. After their all-business relationship takes a wildly erotic detour, Alexander is drawn into a company scandal that rocks his life. With trust in tatters, can an unplanned bundle of joy lead them to become the family they never expected?
Bon Appétit and a Book: A delicious recipe to enjoy alongside the book.
One of my favorite comfort foods that would go well with this book is shrimp and grits. Here’s an excellent recipe:
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Nesbit
Q & A
ALWAYS MY BABY by Martha Kennerson
- What is your favorite part about writing for Always My Baby?
The best part of having the opportunity to write Always My Baby was having the ability to showcase a real friendship between China and Alexander. Even when things start to change between them, and their lives start taking them in different directions, safe guarding their friendship remains their priority.
- What are the traits you admire most in China and Alexander?
I admire China’s ability to wrap the vulnerability she thinks her love for Alexander brings out, in her confidence and independence.
- How long does it typically take for you to write a book?
It typically takes me two months to create the story and two additional months to make final edits.
- What else do you love to do besides writing?
Other than writing, I love spending time with family and friends enjoying good food and music.
- When did you first realize that you wanted to be writer?
I’ve always written in some form or another throughout my professional career. Only in the last five years have I been able to bring my desire to write romance to fruition.
- What is your favorite thing about writing contemporary romance?
I enjoy writing contemporary romance because all the places I can take the story. I love the creative freedom it gives me.
- What are a few of your favorite books? Do you have any recommendations?
I have an eclectic taste when it comes to my choice in books. I’m a big fan of romance and mystery. As far as recommendations goes, for all things romance, you can’t go wrong with any of the Harlequin novels; there’s something for everyone. When it comes to mystery, I’m a big fan of Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series.
- What book are you currently reading right now?
I don’t read for pleasure while I’m working on my own book. However the book I finished just before I started my current project was Sister Betty says I Do by Christian Comedienne Pat G’Orge-Walker.
- What future projects are you working on?
I’m currently working on the third installment in my Kingsley of Texas series.
- 10)Do you have any advice for new writers?
The one piece of advice I’d give new writers is to write. Just write. Don’t worry about anything other than telling your story.
MARTHA KENNERSON is a bestselling and award-winning author who believes her current blessings are only matched by the struggle it took to achieve such happiness. She has enjoyed a successful career in executive management for more than 20 years and lives in Texas with her family.